View Single Post
Old July 22, 2013   #25
efisakov
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinB View Post
I just realized that I didn't post a photo of this one. I'm really surprised and pleased that I could pull this one off. It got planted out in mid-April inside a Wall O'Water. Sometimes this helps and sometimes it doesn't. With Ananas Noir, it definitely helped, as it started forming fruit down inside the WOW almost immediately. The first two ripened on July 19 (89 days). One weighed 14.7 oz. and the other 12 oz. I doubt I could have pulled this one off without a WOW. The plant has quite a few greenies on it now, too. I haven't cut either yet, as they were picked early, but BLTs are on the menu tonight! I didn't know it would turn such a gorgeous shade of red! Taste test to come.
Hello, RobinB, happy for you. Nice size Black Pineapple/Ananas Noir tomato. It improves with time. It does like high temperature and water. I grew one last year. It was a monster in production: 2 lb, 1 lb 8 oz, 1 lb 4 oz, 1 lb 3 oz, 1 lb 2 oz, two 13 oz, and more on the smaller size. That was from one plant. They are great in fresh salsa. Enjoy. Very sweet tomato.

God comes along and says, "I think I'm going to create THE tomato!”
efisakov is offline   Reply With Quote