View Single Post
Old September 4, 2017   #64
ginger2778
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajun Gardener View Post
That thing looks like a big storm brewing. Looks like a Katrina type, so far away and will be getting stronger once it hits warmer water in a few days. It's too early to get a good read on this thing but hopefully that cold front will push it to the Atlantic and not hit land but I have my doubts. We=the USA don't need any more major storms this year.

I'll start preparing tomorrow for the worse and everyone in Florida needs to do the same.
Yes you are absolutely right. I tried to do some prep today but there isn't one single store with one single bottle of water anywhere. I think what I'm going to do is just fill up some containers and coolers with tap water since our tap water tastes very good anyway. We are lucky enough to have a gas grill and one and a half tanks of propane so I can always boil water if I need to and cook food if it starts to spoil in the refrigerator from no electricity. I've been through all this before I lost a roof in Hurricane Andrew. It's funny there's a meme going around on Facebook and it's so true: You know you're a native Floridian when a hurricane is coming and you're annoyed if it gets past the Category 3 cuz then you have to pay attention. LOL
ginger2778 is offline   Reply With Quote