View Single Post
Old September 19, 2016   #25
StrongPlant
Tomatovillian™

The seedlings are growing well,there are several cultivars that I want to grow for crossing during winter so I can evaluate F1 preformances during the growing season.I can't grow large number of plants for selection during winter but I can certanly grow a couple just for making crosses.Some of these seedlings will be transfered to a heated room with artificial lights when temperatures go too low.For now it's still hot here,and actually,this has been the hottest september I ever experienced in my life,as temps have been over 30C up until now.

Tomatoes are sprouting all over greenhouse as there has been a lot of dropped fruit during harvesting.I found this PL one,and I thought it was really pretty so I took a pic

I am super excited because I got the seeds of 30 different cultivars of tomatoes,and in there are S.neorickii and S.cheesmanii.I got 5 seeds of each,and I could not resist planting some of them.I planted 2 from neorickii and 1 from cheesmanii.Today I was happy to see that 1 seed of neorickii has sprouted! The main goal for now is to get more seeds from these wild tomatoes so I can have a secure stock of them whenever I need them.
StrongPlant is offline   Reply With Quote