View Single Post
Old February 24, 2010   #41
ddsack
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Take note! this product takes scale off of trees. Anything that strong surely would have to be dilluted for tomato plants. I will plan on trying it at 1/8 teaspoon per gallon and come up to 1/4 tsp. per gallon.
Beefy Boy, I would be very interested in how this product would take scale off. I can't see anything in the apparently organic ingredients that would shake a stick at it. I have three (lemon, lime, orange) indoor/outdoor potted dwarf trees that I grew from tiny sticks 25+ years ago. I have been fighting scale on them for about 20 years, tried soaps, chemical sprays, hand picking, alcohol swabbing, everything but harsh chemical systemic poisons (which would defeat my being able to eat the fruit.) Many times I've had the trees close to clean for a few months, but once I quit checking for the soft immature platelets, I get another full-blown invasion in another couple of months.

From my personal experience, scale is just about impossible to get rid of no matter what you do. Please do post your opinion of this product after using it for a while.

ddsack is offline   Reply With Quote