View Single Post
Old June 16, 2017   #56
Redbaron
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolyn137 View Post
I forgot to tell you that I'm also glad you are back posting as well.

And when I think Red Baron, I'm also thinking of the seeds I sent you and the variety was named Red Baron.

Do you remember that?

I've tried and tried to find out where I got those seeds from but I'm through trying to find out.

Carolyn
Thanks Carolyn yep, three times I tried to get them to sprout! nada But one day maybe I'll find some again. This year I managed to maybe sprout an even older Rutgets, but that variety was a heart. Not good sprouters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Frost View Post
Chopped leaves? I haven't heard of that before. Fresh or dry leaves?
Usually dry leaves that then are moistened as they become partly composted. It's easy enough. Just make a pile of leaves! Nature does the rest. Some people prefer the finer ones that filter down towards the bottom of the pile, others prefer a courser mix. If you make the pile in the same place every year you can even get good leaf mould from the very bottom! All of these are good mediums for starts.

AKA The Redbaron

"Permaculture is a philosophy of working with, rather than against nature; of protracted & thoughtful observation rather than protracted & thoughtless labour; & of looking at plants & animals in all their functions, rather than treating any area as a single-product system."
Bill Mollison
co-founder of permaculture

Last edited by Redbaron; June 16, 2017 at 11:37 AM.
Redbaron is offline   Reply With Quote