View Single Post
Old October 21, 2018   #19
ContainerTed
Tomatovillian™

Thanks to all who have offered their condolences and advice. However, I have returned from the pharmacy and have carefully drained the largest blisters. The outer layer of skin went right down to the next layer of the dermis as the fluid left. Then we put a light layer of sterile gauze over the area which was coated generously with Polysporin. I then wrapped an ace bandage around the area and effectively greatly reduced my ability to bend my wrist or thumb to about 10%. I did this to reduce any flexing of the area of the blisters.

So a goodly amount of comfort has been gained. I'll change the dressing at least twice a day until I see the blister areas wanting to shed the upper blister skin layer. I'll keep it moist with Polysporin until it scabs and then begin reducing the moisturizing steps. It's time to let comfort lead the efforts.

I might be back to normal in about a week or ten days, hopefully. As I've gotten older, I've noticed that healing slows down dramatically. Now, I must be patience for a while.

I was fortunate to run into my Primary Physician in Walmart today. After looking at my hand, she said that I should do the draining procedure. So, after about $38 in supplies, we're back home and all bandaged up as she recommended. BTW, I always take her and her husband tomatoes each year. I like having personal relationships with the experts I hire. Yes, I always feel like we hire our doctors, etc. But, fortunately, this time it's more like a friend whose advice I trust implicitly.

I'm kinda like an old dinosaur who knows that it's 2018. I think I'm a reincarnated Pterodactyl. I have dreams of flying freely thru the skies.
The Muddy Bucket Farm
and Tomato Ranch

ContainerTed is offline   Reply With Quote