View Single Post
Old December 6, 2021   #10
DK2021
Tomatovillian™

Thought I would comment here as the last post was in Jan 2019. I purchased some seeds from this source (via Etsy) last spring and the seeds were promptly shipped. Seeds were packaged in small zip plastic envelopes tucked inside labelled coin envelopes. Label information included the variety's name, colour photo of the fruit, and history including source of original seeds. I thought the packaging was very nicely done. One of the varieties I grew was a white tomato called Bugtussle Buttermilk Wonder that was one of my top two (out of 24 OP varieties grown) last season; I had never heard of this variety and figured I'd give it a try if nothing else but for the great name, and the results were better than I'd hoped for. I was certainly pleased enough that I have ordered additional seeds to try next season. A thank-you message from the owner indicates that he has only been selling for two years. Several of his varieties are described as originating in Kentucky and are attributed to Kris Hubbard as the original source; I found by googling that Mr. Hubbard is a seed saver in Kentucky (Wild Wood Farms). Anyway, I see no reason to not recommend this as a source. Just one gardener's experience.
DK2021 is offline   Reply With Quote