View Single Post
Old February 26, 2011   #3
brokenbar
Tomatovillian™

As I live in Mexico, I can tell you I have had problems going both ways, either me sending to US or me receiving in Mexico. I have had most seeds I have ordered "confiscated" by Mexican Customs. I have sent seeds to two different friends and neither received them so I am guessing US customs got them. I now order seeds and have them sent to my Son who puts them in a package with something else and ships them to me and then I had no problem. I also had two different shipments to Italy in 2010 that never got there. On the other hand, I have ordered and shipped seeds from many different countries when I was living in Wyoming and most got to me or where they were going.

Postage varies but with the dollar so down against the Euro, you can be expected to pay more postage for seeds being sent to any of the European Union Countries. I would suggest packing up seeds and weighing them and then looking up the cost to the particular country you are sending to so you at least have a rough idea of what postage will cost.

The only country I have heard of others having a problem with is Australia who has very strict regulations. There are Australian members on this forum so they could probably comment on this.

I would not let any of the above scare me off from sending/ordering seeds outside the US. 99% of the time you will have no problem.