View Single Post
Old September 22, 2015   #22
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormato View Post
Would anyone who's a member of Houzz/Gardenweb consider posting there (Growing Tomatoes forum, and maybe last years Round Robin forum Incredible Edibles Totally Tomatoes thread) about the swap here?

I don't know if the policy there is still a warning or a banning for mentioning Tomatoville.

Gary
Gary, I'm still a member there and just went to check who the moderator is, it used to be Tamara, and you could contact her and ask any questions you had.

Seeing no Mod and no other way to contact anyone, I am assuming that anyone could still get banned as it was when it was still GW and there never were any warnings either. Spike, who started GW wanted no competiton at all. And yes, I do know some were banned and one, a friend of mine is now the Lead Mod at another site.

GW was going bankrupt, they were lucky that Houzz bought them out, but so much has changed.

I was the Coordinator when we wrote some darn good FAQ's and I had saved several. But now when I open one pictures are missing, data is missing, just awful.

I still get e-mails from H saying that someone had posted in a thread where I did, but more often than not that thread was one that had revived, if you will, from many years ago.

No, for several reasons I will not go back to Houzz, nee GW, where I was since about 2000 and started making my own large seed offers there. But then it got very nasty there as you might know and when Mischka started Tville in Jan of 2006 there was a huge migration to Tville and many are still here.

Carolyn, who started out at the AOL tomato Forum in the early 80's and some of them followed me from there to here and there and some are still here at Tville. So it's been several decades at message sites for me and a Mod at several of them. I have learned a LOT about message sites, how they are run, who owns them and what their philosophies and goals and motivations have been and IMO Tville is THE best.