Thread: Grow Lights
View Single Post
Old May 3, 2019   #21
jhouse
Tomatovillian™

Update: So far so good on the new lights, I really like them. The digital timer is a great feature, there is a 3 to 5 day acclimation period and Viparspectra suggest a heigth of 36" to 40" away until the plants get used to the light. Then I can move them closer. the temperature on them is in the 70s now.

They were just repotted so I didn't want to shock them too much, they seem pretty happy considering. Used FF Happy Frog so there should be some nutrients in there (hope that was okay, I was going to use Light Warrior but hydroponic store guy suggested the Happy Frog).

Placed some of the seedlings in the cellar with the fluorescent T5s, the temp on the them is in the '70s and I think they do look better for it. Ran a fan on them for awhile, also on the LED plants.
The jalapeno peppers and basil look like they had a growth burst under the LEDs, they are not repotted yet --

I'm not looking for fast growth on the tomatoes as I have 4 weeks to go before planting, I've got a lot to do with the garden area so being a little late to the game works for me.

jhouse is offline   Reply With Quote