Thread: Chervil
View Single Post
Old April 20, 2007   #2
tjg911
Tomatovillian™

I never grew it per se but it has been in mesclun mixes I have bought. It has lacy delicate leaves (well I guess you can see that) that I initially thought was parsley but it does not taste like parsley. I then looked at catalogs and identified it as chervil. Sorry I can't remember what it tastes like BUT I do remember it is unusual and it is to my liking. However, I think argula is also unusual tasting and to my liking tho it tastes skunky! Chervil is not skunky. If you cook with fresh herbs you have to add them to the food on your plate. I've found any cooking destroys their flavor. I never cooked with it as it is in a salad mix but the taste comes thru all the other greens and dressing. Since it looks like carrot and parsley leaves, I'd figure that the anise swallowtail would be attracted to large leaves assuming chervil grows large leaves, in mesclun you cut it at about 2-3" tall. What's a bennie? You mean bunny? If yes, again I can't say as my garden is fenced to keep those pests out!

Tom
tjg911 is offline   Reply With Quote