View Single Post
Old August 28, 2013   #29
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Tom, I couldn't sleep, too much on my mind right now, so went back and reread this thread.

You asked about backgrounds, others experiences with it, said you were already working with it and never said your source was Terroir seeds until post #19;

So I am not at all surprised that you said the seeds you got from them would be your prototype.

However, when I looked at the pictures from those catalogs at Ventmarin, I see squared off fruits in most of them. When I look at the Vilmorin description, which I copied to here, I see mention of squared off ones When I look at the pictures that Vladimir put up I see squared off ones.

When I look at Dee's picture I see squared off ones.

You asked anyone to send you true seeds, but you'd already started your project with the Terrior seeds.I think it's reasonable to conclude that Dee's seeds might well have come from Bill Minkey from an SSE Yearbook, as were mine, and Bill got them from Norbert in France in that huge trade we did in 1992.

Summary? I'm speaking only for myself here, obviously, but I can't help thinking that Vladimir might agree with me, and that's that seeds for fruits that could be, and were squared off were available, but that you are no longer an SSE member who gets the annual yearbooks, so didn't know of the listings for it for quite a few years now, so just concentrated on what you could get commercially, which were the seeds from Terrior.

Tania listed three sources for 2013 as well, but I didn't check that out, and I didn't remember to check out her seed sources prior to 2013 except to note that she She didn't list Terrior.

OK, back to bed, perchance to dream.

Carolyn