View Single Post
Old May 1, 2021   #2
AKmark
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoriA View Post
I've read quite a lot (and watched videos) of this fertilizer for hydroponics. What I haven't seen answered, though, is exactly how to use it for tomatoes in pots (2'x4' boxes, and half-barrels...big pots). I understand the mixing process of the three components - don't pre-mix, use exact measurements, add the calcium nitrate last, etc. But how is it used for containers? Do I use it weekly, daily, exclusively, a little per plant daily and then finish watering with non-fertilizer water?

I have seven 2'x4' boxes on my deck that will have two tomatoes each, and about 10 other large (half-barrels) containers for tomatoes. Plus some more containers for peppers, zucchini, etc. MG potting mix with some small pine bark mulch mixed in. Have been fairly successful for several years, but this is the first time I'll be using the 4-18-38 fertilizer/calcium nitrate/epsom salt.

Thank you.
I have used it for several years as continuous feed. I think the best instructions are on Hydrogardens website. Look for the tomato formula and scroll down until you find the instructions. Good stuff, it's The Sauce.
AKmark is offline   Reply With Quote