View Single Post
Old May 14, 2012   #15
JohnWayne
Tomatovillian™

I've been skinny dipping as a teenager. If I went now I'd have to call it chunky dunkin.

But going into the garden nekid ! With packsaddles and cow killers (velvet ants) skeeters and no-see-ums ! No thank you !

If there's two things every wild eyed southern boy knows by age ten, It is that you don't want chiggers.... And the second thing ? you REALLY don't want chiggers ummm some places..LOL

For those of you lucky enough to have never had a chigger bite, Think of poison oak rash when you get in a hot shower. It itches like something is trying to burrow into your skin and lasts for a couple of weeks.

Just one encounter and I learned walk a 10 foot circle around Queen Ann's lace ! (Called Chigger bushes when I was a kid) Later I learned that the flower don't have any direct thing to do with the mites, they just like the same boundary areas. (same as ticks, where the white tailed deer and other animals like to walk) The mites climb grass or weeds and wait for a poor animal to pass by so they can hop on.
JohnWayne is offline   Reply With Quote