View Single Post
Old September 20, 2017   #2998
Barb_FL
Tomatovillian™

Kay - Have you considered getting a tarp for the roof?

Quote:
Originally Posted by efisakov View Post
Barb are you back in FL? Any news about your house?

Keyrobbins, I hope they get back to you soon. Our siding was ripped by hurricane Sandy, we could not rest until it was fixed. Any additional damage is not welcome.

Update: Ginny texted back, she says thanks to all and she will be back on TV when things settle down.
I'm still in Tennessee. We rented a cabin/house for a month to beat the Florida heat. Will probably stay the entire time and deal with the house when we get back. Water into the sewer system (such as laundry, etc) is still a problem there.

The house looks great from the outside and I finally had people pull down the last 2 solar panels that were stuck on the roof and gutters and draped over the front entrace. Hopefully, that was the extent of our damage.

We are doing a lot of hiking. We brought our heavy Florida Beach cruiser bicycles up here and did the entire Creeper Trail. Once starting in Damascus to WhiteTop (all up hill and hard especially the last 5 miles) and flew down. Sunday we started in Damascus and rode down to Abington and back up.
http://www.vacreepertrail.org/

A couple of years ago, we rented bikes and rode down and took the shuttle back up.

We went to Bristol Caverns last week too. Since it was a rainy day, we were the only ones on the tour.

Many years ago, we did the biking Inn to Inn in Vermont with vans transporting luggage, but I honestly think the Creeper trail blows that away.
Barb_FL is offline   Reply With Quote