View Single Post
Old November 14, 2017   #16
ginger2778
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefBert View Post
So should I just pull the plants? Or just let nature take its course, and whatever pops up, pops up

PS Wasn't there some question on germination in that batch of seeds Marsha?
There was a question on germination, but it was other people, 2 in fact, one of them being Russ, that had the problem. People who got seeds from me and my own saved and started seeds, had no germination issues.
I wonder if it doesn't lkke your master blend Epsom salt mix. The color is excellent on your plants. Also your mix looks a bit perlite heavy, promix HP is already high perlite( hence HP), I wonder if the roots are too aerated and not enough nutrients can be absorbed. I use Promix BX, and dont add any extra pinebark(acidic)because peat is already too acidic. And I don't add extra perlite.

OK, I think I know the problem! Get a pH meter and test the acidity. Good is 6.5 to 6.8( very very slightly acidic), bad is lower than 6, it won't absorb the nutrients well in an acid environment. I think this is much more of an issue than too much perlite. And no stray seeds came from me, I do all my seed collection one at a time, separated.

Bert,did you get my pm with my seed starting, seedling growing step by step instructions? I never heard back from you, so not sure you got them.
ginger2778 is offline   Reply With Quote