Thread: HPS Lights
View Single Post
Old June 26, 2016   #6
murihikukid
Tomatovillian™

Default I need an HPS light expert here?

Hi...Somebody dumped two massive lights on me? Unfortunately one is a lot lighter than the other and I found it has no transformer in it ..I believe they came from a work shop but I wonder if they did...
...thats what I was told and apparantly hung by some massive chain ..Anyway I took the huge hood glass out of the heavier one to get at the bulb and I found a 400w Lucalox bulb...Not knowing what they are I Googled and found that GE Lucalox PSL are Premium Horticultural Bulbs...?? HPS????
The other light also has what looks to me as a much newer bulb in it but as I say no transformer ....Why take the transformer ...BUT I have a 400W Transformer from some lights that were sold to me as HPS when they are not as it says Mercury Vapour ......
So I have gone out and taken more photos....
#one light apparantly was working and looks it likes everthing is there......#two light has been stripped of certain parts but are they the crucial parts...in my reading there is a circuit board somewhere that is crucial to the working of a HPS light unit...I am wondering if this "circuit" is directly under the transformer and if it is I am wondering if on #2 light if it is still there ....

Using #1 light as a guide I see that a transformer and three capacitors are missing from #2...I am wondering if the circuit board is still in the unit would it be viable to try and get it going especially if the transformer I have would be suitable for it??

Oh yes he is asking $20 for it ....ONO....not too bad...?

Any help would be very much appreciated....Cheers Ron
Attached Images
File Type: jpg #1bBulb.jpg (241.8 KB, 62 views)
File Type: jpg #1C.jpg (295.7 KB, 62 views)
File Type: jpg #1complete.jpg (774.0 KB, 62 views)
File Type: jpg #1D.jpg (285.3 KB, 62 views)
File Type: jpg #1E.jpg (290.7 KB, 62 views)
File Type: jpg #1F.jpg (372.0 KB, 62 views)
File Type: jpg #1G.jpg (276.9 KB, 62 views)
murihikukid is offline   Reply With Quote