Thread: Ildi is a BEAST
View Single Post
Old January 22, 2018   #1
sirtanon
Tomatovillian™

Default Ildi is a BEAST

Well, my plants have so far made it through the couple cold-snap days we've had here in Phoenix. Last night got down to just over freezing.

Anyways, of all of my tomato plants, my Ildi plant is definitely the biggest and healthiest.. and just cranking out the blooms!

This is just a picture of a small section of the plant, showing two flower... I guess the best term would be 'spikes'? Basically, the plant sends out what appears to be a cluster, that just keeps spreading out and expanding.

I've circled them in red and yellow. Those in the red circle extend from one initial branch/spike from the plant, and the ones in the yellow circle are from a 2nd branch/spike.... and they just KEEP spreading out and putting out more flowers. I've never had a tomato plant put out so many flowers at once!

I'll see if I can get more pics later, but in addition to what is shown above, I see at least 5 other of these spikes starting to form elsewhere on the plant.