View Single Post
Old April 14, 2018   #40
mobiledynamics
Tomatovillian™

I will need to play with the LEDS more next year....I'm getting close where they won't need to be under the lights

Anyhow, I had one paste tomato variety (only seeded 1 type this year) that looked sick from day one. Whether it be in the seedling tray or when it got large and was transplanted in solo cups. Leaves were always wilting down *no signs of burn*, edges were curled and the new growth would just constantly be curling. The leaf stems got big - sometimes reaching to the 3rd cell pocket of a plug tray. The leaf stems felt sick-weak. You know how you can iift it and then drop it and there is a certain healthy firmness. When I did the lift and drop test, they felt soft and flopped straight down

Anyhow, I started 2 other different paste seeds and too this particular plum to the window to see what would happen. I then decided to put it outside and at night, just put it in a box to sleep

Anyhow, this paste variety seems to be recovering.
So I would say SOME varieties may not play well with the LED setup OR they may require to be under it's own seperate lamp with a much lower intensity.
mobiledynamics is offline   Reply With Quote