View Single Post
Old January 10, 2008   #5
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Carolyn, feel like venturing south and meeting up with all your favourite tomato people? (Seriously!)

Oh how I feel like it Patrina, but it isn't going to happen. After the two months in the wheelchair last summer after the femur fracture when the right new hip went in that right leg where I severed all four of the quad muscles just has not returned to the the function and strength it had before, and that's function with only 3/4 quads functional.

Its' so bad that I was scared to even go out and drive my car last Fall. I have to put the walker in the back seat and then handwalk to the driver's door and reverse the process when leaving the car and it's the hand walking along the car that's now scary.

Getting to the Albany airport is not easy for me at all and negotiating airports and transfers, even with those scooter things they have at airports is not something I feel I can do.

So home I must stay, unfortunately, although I think you know how much I'd love to be there. BTW, I'm not even allowed to use my walker on my lawn, and that's yet another problem re all lawns. Sigh.