Thread: tomato thieves
View Single Post
Old September 10, 2017   #21
clkeiper
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottinAtlanta View Post
Snaptraps outside will take awhile. A rat colony can have up to 60 individuals. I don't know about mice. You have to kill and kill and kill. After 20 dead rats, I finally began harvesting sweet peppers.

Also, for snap traps. a good tip is to use some hot glue or bondit and glue dog food to the trigger. Otherwise, they will steal without tripping the trap. My catch rate went up 500% when I started the glueing.
maybe, but they are cheap and humane in all reality. displacing wildlife is not so humane. they die of fighting for a new territory, starvation and perhaps dehydration. they spread diseases and just become a nuisance for someone else if they survive or they....go right back 'home". My neighbor told me her husband had to take a week off work and fix the wiring in their attic from squirrels chewing it up... they were doing the trap and release (at a park), too. she said they caught 30 squirrels in the attic.. I am guessing maybe one or two... they were repeat captures. probably back to the house within hours or a day.