Thread: Shade Cloth ?
View Single Post
Old July 28, 2016   #1
My Foot Smells
Tomatovillian™

Default Shade Cloth ?

I have some shade cloth but have never used it, really don't have the setup to properly secure it at this time. Pop up storms have brought 60+ mph winds and things get ranshackled quickly. I learnt my lesson after several patio umbrellas were destroyed. You have to batten things down like a sail on the open sea. The arches will have concrete feet.

But I am envisioning getting some arches for some new beds (for maters) that I can toss up a shade cloth to block out the harsh west setting sun and overhead afternoon. I get way too much sun Ju, Jul, Aug. & esp. as the garden grows to a completely open area.

The shade cloth will allow me to apply during the hottest months, but remove during the more temperate months.

I'm not really sure what strength cloth I would need. 40% maybe? IDK.

The current garden area has some protection with the exception of two beds that get abused on the west side.

Guess when I put the garden in, I took "full sun" too literally. Maybe full sun is o.k. if you live in Canada..

Does anyone here utilize shade cloth and can provide picture or details of successful use?
My Foot Smells is offline   Reply With Quote