View Single Post
Old July 11, 2018   #47
ginger2778
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronPete View Post
Ginger I have a question (or 11) about your post on 1 teaspoon calcium nitrate and 1/3 teaspoon epsom salts weekly... is that per plant? Mixed with how much water? What are the epsom salts for?

I have been learning more about fertilizers in my containers but still have problems understanding it all. One year I used 20-20-20 blue stuff. My plants were 15' tall but never flowered. Now I start with 10-15-10 but have moved to15-15-30. But what is the difference between that and say 18-18-21 (I have a Miracle Grow with that mix) or say my Shultz 4-5-8???

I am still confused but the plants look great. We have a short season so not much room for error. Our last frost this year was June 15th...

Any help is appreciated. Most of my toms are in 5 gallon pails (19 litres here... metric always sound so much bigger, lol!). My peppers are in 9" pots.

Thanks, Pete in PEI Canada ��
That is per earthbox, with 2 plants snd a 3 gallon reservoir.
I think you need to learn about what role N, what role P, and what role K play in a plant's development, flowering, and root formation. You want a low nitrogen once it starts flowering, a slightly higher phosphorus, and about twice as high Potassium as Nitrogen. 4-6-8 for example.
ginger2778 is offline   Reply With Quote