Thread: Golden Queen
View Single Post
Old January 7, 2011   #10
camochef
Tomatovillian™

I've grown a tomato for the last 2 years that I received from a grower in British Columbia. She called it Golden Queen. I grew a couple the first year and only one this past year. It was like nothing shown here or at Tatiana's.
Mine were more pinkish with a slight yellow at the blossom end and into the interior there. They averaged about 8 oz. and were globular. They were the last tomato to ripen both years. Almost at season's end. Now last year I was quite late, starting seeds and planting out, but the year before I had a more normal schedule and they still didn't ripen till near the end of Sept.
None of this matters that much, except for the fact that they were a great tasting tomato. Usually, I'm not fond of most bi-colors but these have been exceptional in taste and fairly productive once they begin to ripen. Most years, there's very little competiton for them to be compared to, which increases their consideration as a very tasty tomato. I'll probably never know with any degree of certainy as what they are, not even sure if I have any seed left as they would have been on the table during the dog incident for sure. But I just had to mention the facts as I have them recorded.
Camo
camochef is offline   Reply With Quote