View Single Post
Old May 7, 2010   #4
Mojo
Tomatovillian™

I was running a bit behind in terms of development this time around, seeing as how I burnt my seedlings and they had to recover. It has been quite good until just this past week, really. Nighttime lows have only recently been staying above 70, and nothing too terribly extreme in the day, although we have hit 90 recently and I have seen some blossom drop. I remain optimistic that I will have more fruit-set through the next ten days or so. Beyond that, it will be very much a question of if we get that one last late-season dry cold front that will allow a day or two of optimal conditions.

Right now the problem is dryness. We've officially started running behind on rainfail --I've got cracks in the back yard visible beneath portions of the lawn. I'm running my soaker hoses at least twice a week now --mainly for squash and cuke production, but also to support what's already set. We could do with a daylong soaking and it wouldn't hurt my feelings one bit --but not today, I'm going out on the lake later.