View Single Post
Old April 4, 2024   #7
VirginiaClay
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by schill93 View Post
Anyone care to direct me to the best vendor for a reliable Cherokee Carbon seed. Not sure which seed/vendor to trust now. Which is more favorable. One advertised as a Hybrid or one advertised as a F1?
As I said in my other reply, Hybrid seeds and F1 seeds are the same thing. I got mine from Tomato Growers Supply and have been very happy with them. All the seeds have grown true so far, with excellent (almost 100%) germination and healthy plants: https://tomatogrowers.com/products/c...8d118877&_ss=r

Botanical Interests, Territorial, Gurney's, and High Mowing all sell it and are reputable companies. I'd steer clear of Amazon, eBay and Etsy sources. Bonnie Plants sells it in plant form at Home Depot, etc., and it's pretty widely available at garden centers in spring.

The retailers don't produce the seed themselves; they get it from manufacturers/distributors who contract out the production, usually overseas. So basically all the retailers (the honest ones, which is most of them) will be selling the same seed.
VirginiaClay is offline   Reply With Quote