View Single Post
Old May 5, 2012   #212
Tracydr
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by livinonfaith View Post
Lakelady, two years ago, I had about six plants left over. I had already given all of the others to anyone who would take them and was tired of being the crazy lady who walks around trying to pawn off plants on people! (which I had done the year before.)

So I gave them to my neighbor, whom I know doesn't even really like tomatoes. She said she would get her son to put them out, but they just sat by her back fence until they finally expired, still in their cups.

She still talks about being the terrible tomato killer, but as I told her, she did me a favor. She saved me from having to dig out a new bed or buy new containers. (Which I just couldn't do last year) I just CAN NOT let them die myself, because I've put months of my life into getting them to grow.

But once I gave them to her, they were hers and I could let go. For some reason, it was tolerable that she let them die, as long as it wasn't me.

No, it doesn't make sense, but there it is.
Sounds like my husband. He will not let me put a plant to sleep!
Btw, Craig's list worked for me this year. I sold about 60 extra plants.
I'm thinking about getting licensed with the local Farmer's Markets. It's quite cheap and I can go when I want to sell extra seedlings.
Tracydr is offline   Reply With Quote