View Single Post
Old April 24, 2013   #11
gryffin
Tomatovillian™

Travis: Thanks for the tip on Johnny's for the original pink potato leaf Brandywine. I get things from them all the time, and so will add a pack to my next order to try next season. This year I am growing Cowlick's Brandywine.

As for my so-called "Red Brandywine", if I have space (I always start more seedlings than I have room for in case some don't make it at various stages in the process), I will grow it out in my garden to see whether the epidermis is in fact red. If I don't have room, I will donate it to our giving garden plot which is used to produce food to donate to local soup kitchens. That way I'll still hopefully be able to keep an eye out to see what it produces. I won't call it Red Brandywine if I donate it.

In the meantime, I'm going to start several more seeds from the packet and see if they are all potato leaf.

NE Seeds is New England Seed Company. They are on the list of approved vendors on this site and the owner was a member of Tomatoville, at least at one time. If the seedlings are all potato leaf, maybe I should contact them.
gryffin is offline   Reply With Quote