View Single Post
Old December 7, 2012   #9
texasjack
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keger View Post
You wont have the humidity issues we do here near Houston. My thing is to keep it really simple. Texasjack suggested grow boxes, I think thats a great move. You can build your own if you are into that thing at globalbuckets.org You can check them out on youtube. In my opinion the bagged soils are fine for what you want to do. Find a good quality nursery, tell them what you want to do and they will hook you up. Keep it simple.

Varieties....Always a fun topic,especially around here.

You absolutely can not go wrong with Celebrity. It will run over you. Around the 1st of March you will find the 6 packs at Lowes and Home Depot for under a couple bucks. They are determinates, will produce until about July 4, and then the heat shuts it all down. Roma would also do well if you want that type. Cherries are ok but the indeterminate growth will run you crazy. Again, a good quality nursury will help you. They will know what works for your area, which is key.
Dear Keger

Good solid advice. Sounds like we share the same challenges with the weather. I've never tried Celebrity....what kind of flavor? I prefer the traditional strong type.
texasjack is offline   Reply With Quote