View Single Post
Old September 14, 2011   #32
Dak
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracydr View Post
Which one would be recommended for AZ? We typically have a short spring season followed by brutally hot summers and a nice fall with warm days/ cool nights. A short season variety that tolerates dry weather and cool nights or longer season varieties and/or tomatoes that tolerate heat ( like CP and Arkansas Traveler) are examples of what has done well for me so far. I've not tried any of his varieties so far because our growing conditions are so opposite but I just love the looks of some of those tomatoes. I've been thinking that maybe BPTD or Black and Brown Boar might be a good spring or fall tomato?

Tracydr, I'd suggest giving Black and Brown Boar a try. Your climate sounds pretty similar to mine here on the central coast, though we have not had a brutally hot summer for a couple of years. Hot days, yes, over 100, but bearable. Always cool nights, sometimes a 50 to 60 degree drop. Pink Berkeley Tie Die has also done well, would have appreciated some shade cloth more recently, though.

Raybo, what a picture, thanks for posting it! Sure are pretty.

Filmnet, I hope your tomatoes will ripen alright, the fruits look full of such potential. Has your weather been very harsh?
Dak is offline   Reply With Quote