View Single Post
Old October 2, 2017   #12
mensplace
Tomatovillian™

Default Thank you so much for ALL of your kind offers

This has been an interesting couple of weeks. First, I lost all ability to walk for a week thanks to gabapentin. Next, my wife and I went in for our over 65 inoculations. I went on and got the flu version and pneumonia at the same time. Never again! The aches, chills, and fever kept me down for a week. Yesterday, I sat out in the sun just listening and considering.

Today, I walked into the back to check an area I had prepped for the Fall. My neighbor had mowed right up to the edge covering the whole area with his grass clippings that were full of ever weed from lambs quarter to thistle. The area that I had looking beautiful was now covered with weeds with my month's inattention.

In my front garden my transplants of Fall veggies were reduced to skeletons thanks to insects. With one last area left to inspect I saw very little sprouting thanks to our drought. I think that I must try to manage only tomato bed in the Spring. At least that can be controlled, managed, and monitored.

That all considered, it seems best for me not to be planting something for long term returns. Chokes still are my all time favorite relish and pickle, but I will have to find them elsewhere. I'm not giving up across the board, but merely recognizing my limitations that are rapidly changing. GOD bless all...and thanks again for your incredible generosity.
mensplace is offline   Reply With Quote