View Single Post
Old June 18, 2018   #27
greenthumbomaha
Tomatovillian™

PH, I didn't know you were near S. Jersey. I lived in that area 28 years ago. Besides loving the people from there, I had a fantastic "Jersey Fresh" amateur garden. Diversifying into cut flowers is a wise decision. Lots of vegetable stands and produce specialty stores; a welcome perk of the area when I lived in an apartment but competitive from the grower's perspective.

Thank you for the instructions. I've clicked on this thread a dozen times and only saw text, but the photos suddenly appeared without any extra steps. I'm off to see if the garlic thread will show photos, and return to see the dahlia bed in greater detail. I hope to have time to interest my garden club to do a group buy of plugs for cutting gardens and pollinator plants. Their current method of plant acquisition was random buys from expensive plant nurseries. There's not much room for experimentation with a group of novice growers. Learning from your trials is invaluable, and thank you for taking the time to share this information.

- Lisa
greenthumbomaha is offline   Reply With Quote