View Single Post
Old April 30, 2017   #15
cjp1953
Tomatovillian™

After potting them up in styrofoam cups they seems to look very bad.It seems they were not picking up water in the holes at the bottom and sides of the cups.I repotted them in plastic 20oz solo cups.The Jiffy potting soil does not seem to have much in the way of nutrients so I picked up some Miracle grow and used less than half strength.Full strength calls for 1 1/2 tbs spoon of MG to 1 1/2 gal.of water.I used 3/4 tbs to a gal of water.My pepper plants are full with 8 to 10 leaves and tomatoes are 5 to 6 inches high.They're not as green as they should be and some leaves on the pepper plants have a purple tinge to them.I have new daylight bulbs and they get 16 hours of light a day in the basement that is a 65 degrees.I put them outside today for an hour as temps reached 80 and gave them some sun then put them in the garage before putting them back under lights in the basement.I going to try and get them out everyday for a longer period to harden them off.Planting in 3 weeks for the tomatoes if the weather stays in the 70's and will wait with the peppers until June.
cjp1953 is offline   Reply With Quote