View Single Post
Old November 27, 2017   #12
AlittleSalt
BANNED FOR LIFE

Thank you all again. I'm at a loss for words.

This thread was made to say that I'm not giving up on gardening. The last three years had 2015 being the wettest year on record here with 73+ inches of rain. How the tomato plants made it through over 5 weeks of rain every day - I don't know?

2016 featured me learning about the RKN in the garden. It seems that wet and warm conditions makes RKN breed like rabbits. One plant would die and yet the plant 3' away was healthy and producing. It was hit and miss throughout the garden. I learned a lot about RKN in 2016. The RKN had been in the garden all along - I just thought tomato plants that had galls on their roots was normal.

2017, I learned about Fusarium Wilt and leaffooted bugs. Fusarium is actually worse than RKN, because a healthy looking tomato plant can suddenly wilt overnight and basically die. The garden was still producing tomatoes though. The leaffooted bugs did ruin the tomatoes. It was disheartening to say the least.

It would be easy to give up after all of that. But I'm 'Still Interested' in gardening. I have to adjust and learn how to grow in the conditions - without it costing a lot of money.
AlittleSalt is offline   Reply With Quote