View Single Post
Old November 5, 2014   #1
AlittleSalt
BANNED FOR LIFE

Default Senorita Jalapeno

I read about this one today. It is a recommended variety for where I live by Texas A&M. What I have read on several sites is that Senorita Jalapeno is a very mild version of Jalapeno from Mexico that is about 1/10 as hot as a regular Jalapeno. (400 Scoville) It is supposed to look and taste just like a regular jalapeno.

My wife and I like peppers from 0 - 50,000 Scoville, but most of the rest of the people we share peppers with cannot/will not eat any hot peppers. I would really like to grow a jalapeno with that good jalapeno taste but without the heat for them.

We tried the TAM Mild Jalapeno the past few years. In our garden they grow 2 - 2.5 inches long, crack badly, and have a spicy hot taste that is more irritating than taste good. That could be because it gets so hot here? I donated some for the MMMM hoping that other people growing them in their garden will get better results. Here, the TAM Mild plants are very hardy and are still producing here in November. We have had several morning lows from 37-41F this month. Plants still look healthy.

Have any of you grown or eaten the Senorita Jalapeno? Is it worth growing flavor wise?
AlittleSalt is offline   Reply With Quote