View Single Post
Old April 29, 2020   #1
GoDawgs
Tomatovillian™

Default It's starting to look like a garden...

It's raining; a nice steady rain, a good thing. I didn't water in the corn seed yesterday because the ground was still really damp from all of last week's rain and this rain was coming. I'm keeping my fingers crossed it doesn't get swampy again.

Today some of the Kennebec potato flower buds decided to open. Pretty things come in little packages.

The first broccoli head was ready so I cut it. It's the one on the left with the nice 7" spread. Its neighbor will get cut in a couple of days.

The second group of three plants, planted out two weeks later than the first, are setting the next generation. They're about 2" wide. This two week staggering might just be the sweet spot to avoid broccoli avalanche. But next time I'll set out the first group even earlier (December?) so the last three of the twelve don't end up in really hot weather.

I started forking up the sweet potato row today and stopped for a minute to take a pic while there was a break in the clouds. This side of the garden is really starting to look like a garden! Behind the sweet potato dig are the broc/cabbage bed, pea bed #2, potatoes, onions, pea bed #1 and tomatoes.

GoDawgs is offline   Reply With Quote