View Single Post
Old July 15, 2017   #105
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartanburg123 View Post
Carolyn- thanks for those links! Indeed, Omar's Lebanese could be one of any number of large pink varieties from Lebanon. Samir just mentioned that there is one very large variety grown all over Lebanon and is most popular- called "Majdel Maouch"- so I just stated that the odds are good that OL and MM are one and the same. It will be interesting to see what the heritage is for sure. He was here in the US just this past week, and he told me that his family grew one MM tomato that was over 2 kg!

I have sent Samir a message asking him to try again to register with Tomatoville- his previous issue was that T'ville had no clickable option on the question regarding whether he was a robot. I told him that he will likely need to contact Mischka directly using the Contact Us tab at the bottom. I will certainly keep you updated on the translation requests you have.
If you look at Town Hall you'll see that Michka has not been approving any new registrations. I currently have 3 who have contacted me,one says he's waited a month,another said he tried to e-mail Town Hall,no can do.

Another one is a long time friend who was based in MA, same state as Mischka, I asked M to let him in, fabulous website called Grow Italian,but he retired to FL and I bumped into him at the old Garden Web, now Houzz,he was so surprised I found him,but then said he would go thru the normal registration process,and gave me his new user name. Nothing yet at all.

One of the persons above said he got a notice saying no new registrations would be allowed, time span not given, but I do think that was after Tville was hacked twice and shut down. I haven't even seen M online until yesterday,so I have to e-mail him myself since I said I would get back to each of the above when I hear back from M..

Just giving you heads up on possible problems with Samir register,or trying to do so.

Carolyn, so MM grown all over Lebanon,not just or at all in the hill towns.Makes a huge difference as you know.