View Single Post
Old July 14, 2017   #96
imp
Tomatovillian™

That's right, torment an old lady like that! Shameless wretch!

I gave in and bought 2 "heirloom" tomatoes, desperate for a good BLT, a black tomato and a lovely deep yellow one, both beefsteak types. They smelled good, hefted nicely for the size, pretty, too.

Fried up the bacon, pulled the lettuce, sliced into those tomatoes for a couple slices each, toasted the bread and had some Duke's mayo slathered on the bread just so. My mouth was watering, my tummy growling as I got myself settled to enjoy the bliss of a wonderful BLT!

My first bite after admiring the layers of delightful colors and textures - Oh Horrors! Dread! Foul impersonator of tomatoes!

I balefully glared at my once sought after delight. Thinking some how, maybe the tomatoes would be better in the second bite...

No!

Heart break.

I picked those remaining fake tomatoes off the sandwich and with ill grace and sulkily, consumed what was sooooo not what I had hoped for, but just a bacon and lettuce sandwich, not lifted to mouth watering glory by the sublime textures and tastes of beautiful tomatoes.

I shall wait, impatiently yes, for my tomatoes to produce. I have been ruined by fresh garden tomatoes and there is no cure, <sigh>, no substitute acceptable.

(Drama Queen much anyone?!! LOL)
imp is offline   Reply With Quote