View Single Post
Old June 18, 2015   #11
Mike723
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by HydroExplorer View Post
Build one of these

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LK0eUDoairw

Roots in 3 days. I think you want to start feeding around day 5. The idea is to starve the plant long enough to make it develop roots (looking for food) and then feed it before it dies. I'm still experimenting to come up with the optimal way to do this.

I'm also still experimenting with transferring aerocloned plants to soil but I think it is totally doable.
Nah I'm happy with my cloner at the moment.. Not in that much of a rush - gardening is all about patience my friend

Cloning aeroponically and then transplanting into soil creates added stress and a huge risk of transplant shock as the roots try to adapt.. It IS doable, I did it a few months back with the latest mother I have going, but she wasn't happy for a solid month, and I wouldn't plan on harvesting anything from her.. Certainly not something I'd make a habit out of, as it surely isn't productive. If you're growing out in soil then it would serve you (and the plants) better to clone in soil as well.. Tomatoes would clone in a bucket of tar just about (I'm being facetious) lol .. Super easy to root..

Also, you didn't have to rush the transplant simply due to PH issues.. Just drain the res and make a fresh batch in the future... If you still have lock outs then use a flushing solution like florakleen..
Mike723 is offline   Reply With Quote