View Single Post
Old June 13, 2013   #82
ddsack
Tomatovillian™

Update on my Park's order:

Good news is, my eight Permanest trays finally arrived yesterday. Ordered March 7th, finally arrived June 12th! More than a 3 month wait, good thing I wasn't in a rush to get them. After receiving no shipment info after a few weeks, I finally noticed that at the very end of my order confirmation email, hidden among other email links at the very bottom, there is a tiny link to click to check on your order status, needing your order number and zipcode. So every few weeks, I would check, and they kept moving up the projected shipment date by another few weeks whenever the previously stated date drew near. It got to be funny, because I knew the date would be pushed forward every time I checked. It may not be all Park's fault if the manufacturer wasn't supplying them, but then why put something on sale if you don't actually have the numbers, I think most people assume special sales are to get rid of overstocks.

The bad news is, (and this is not Park's fault) that the current Permanest trays are thinner cheaper plastic, you can actually bend them a little if you twist them at each end. The old trays from 15-20 years ago were very solid and lasted me many years, I still have some around. I bought a batch about 4 years ago, that have shattered already, and this new batch look even thinner than those. I won't be buying anymore Permanest trays. I can get about the same rigidity as these new ones by using a mesh tray under a non-draining plastic tray for just a couple of bucks if I buy from a greenhouse supplier. That would have been about 1/4 the price. Live and learn.

ddsack is offline   Reply With Quote