Thread: Tsar Kolokol
View Single Post
Old June 19, 2011   #3
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprtsguy76 View Post
I'm growing the last few seeds of TK that I recieved in Carolyn's offer a few years back and I plan on saving some seed this year to restock my supply. What I have noticed this year and have remembered in the past paticulary with TK is that its very ribbed for a heart and that very few of the fruits have that pointy heart bottom. I've also noticed it wasn't listed in the SSE yearbook this year which is a bummer because I think its a great heart. Carolyn or anybody else also observe this about TK?

Damon
No Damon, I never have observed what you described for this variety, it's always been a perfectly formed smooth pink heart shape that has a typical point, not a blunt post like Wes.

Must be your CA weather.

I was listing it in the SSE YEarbook but didn't have enough seeds to do so for 2011.

Tsar-Kolokol and Danko are both from 2007 and I simply don't have the room to keep growing certain varieties for new seed stock if I'm going to continue finding new varieties that will be new to most folks.

I'm pretty sure I'll have enough Tsar and Danko seeds to list in my next seed offer. I can't access Tania's site right now but I think I remember there are some places selling seed for Tsar. Will have to check when I can access her site.