View Single Post
Old October 12, 2017   #170
dfollett
Tomatovillian™

Default Finally seeing some colors

I find it interesting that nearly every F2 I have grown has been red. A very few have been yellow or red with light yellow striping, but I haven't seen the wider differences I hoped for in the F2s. However, I am seeing more color differentiation in the F3s & F4s than I did in the F2s. I had expected to see more color differentiation in the F2s...

Each of these was from an F3 or F4 plant that stayed under 12" tall in a 6" pot.
  • The red/yellow bi-color ones were from a fine-leaf (like Silvery Fir Tree) micro.
  • The orange striped one was from a very fuzzy-leafed micro - the fruit is fuzzy also.
  • The heavy antho ones were from a plant that was very multi-flora.
  • The red/green ones were from an RL plant that was multi-flora - I like the size and color.
I'm encouraged..... I don't know if the color is fixed or not at this stage - probably not fully. If anyone would like to grow out a bunch of either of these and select for taste (and color), I'd be open to that. I have very little sense of smell and can't differentiate subtle differences in taste very well.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MicroColors.jpg (178.3 KB, 163 views)
dfollett is offline   Reply With Quote