View Single Post
Old July 5, 2017   #49
MrBig46
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipcode View Post
I almost forgot about the eastern favourite called Prekos. It's an F1 from Bulgaria. It is truly early, like really surprisingly early and the taste is really good. I have no doubt there is no other tomato that combines earliness with taste so well. Size is not small, slightly pointed, roundish, 100-200 grams, beautiful pink-ish interior.
Not sure why it hasn't caught on in other parts, maybe because of that f1 tag. It is really inexpensive however, probably just no western seed vendors saw any need to bring it in their catalogues.
If anyone wants seeds you can probably contact one of the easter countries vendors (like Romania) to see if they want to ship in other countries. 1 gram is like 2 euro, so a ton of seeds for almost nothing. I also saw one uk seller on ebay selling them in packs, with shipping only to uk, but probably could be convinced to ship out.
It's a must try really, especially for a small commercial grower.
Do you know of any online retailer of tomato seeds PREKOS F1. I would like to buy the seeds of this variety.
I was looking for an internet seller of the seeds of this tomato. Romanian sellers sell only in Romania, Bulgarians only in Bulgaria.
Vladimír
MrBig46 is offline   Reply With Quote