View Single Post
Old December 11, 2013   #55
aclum
Tomatovillian™

Hi Delerium,

Looking good! You've become quite the "grafting fool"!

I thought of a new experiment for you (although it wouldn't surprise me if you're already trying this). Using a disease resistant rootstock, graft on a dwarf variety, and then, once that's large enough, add on your other cultivars....

I plan to try the above myself, but you seem to have much greater success that I do (and use a different technique) so I thought it would be great if you also gave it a try. My idea is that the intermediate dwarf graft might tone down the vigorous growth of the rootstock and make for a more manageable plant, while adding the disease resistance.

(It wouldn't surprise me too much if I've already proposed something similar somewhere - I'm on all this medication which seems to be affecting my memory these days).

I've got some 105's just sprouted a few days ago.... think I'll start a few Tasmanian chocolate or rosella purple seeds now.

BTW, what do you plan to do with all of your grafts?

Great you make it through the cold weather. I didn't get my covered so they're all goners now, but did pick a decent number of greenies that are now ripening inside.

Anne
aclum is offline   Reply With Quote