View Single Post
Old March 29, 2010   #2
geoff1
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheClaw View Post
I have observed what I believe to be significant improvement when potting up from flats to 4 inch containers by the use of Schultz Take Root rooting hormone. I went to the Home Depot looking for Rootone, but did not find it and substituted the Schultz product with very favorable results as compared to the control group.

Does anybody else have experience to share with the use of rooting hormones?

I dumped the powder onto a paper plate and dusted the roots while potting up my tomatoes and basil. I tried a small paintbrush but it was too tedious and not worth the extra effort. Simply dragging the roots through the powder did the trick.

I also used it when potting up from 4 inch containers to the 20 gallon size. Again, the stimulated plants took off faster.

This season I will try to be more scientific in my observations when comparing against the control group.

I would like to hear from any Tomatovillians with experience or opinions on this topic.
Works for me...I use a liquid root stimulant. Paint the above medium stems just before transplanting, and plant deep. These plants always overtake their untreated brethren.
geoff1 is offline   Reply With Quote