Thread: Weather
View Single Post
Old April 14, 2017   #289
bower
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBig46 View Post
Winter returns to us. Next week daytime temperature should be about 5 ° C, and the night from zero to minus two ° C. Above 500 m asl a snow fall. I hope will not snow or hail on my garden. It would be bad for apricots and peaches. Tomatoes in the hotbeds would had survive without problems. : D
Vladimír
This is what we've been having for the last week - our normal temperatures for this time of year average max 6C and min minus1. For us this year it's a great relief because winter didn't stop in March or early April, I mean below zero highs and massive snowfalls. Still a lot of snow on the ground, and I doubt it will go very soon. We have three days in the forecast next week, highs of minus 1 C. Then we go back above zero days, some rain, and hopefully melt what is left on the ground.

The young raven couple that I made friends with this winter are nesting close by, they're making those beautiful happy songs.
A few woodpeckers (flickers) have passed through as well - in spring they like to drum on the metal cap over my chimney. It makes an unearthly racket inside the house. Early morning, usually. I guess the other birds can also hear it quite far away.

The first of my tomato seedlings are just ready to pot up, so it's time to get the greenhouse ready and start monitoring temperatures out there.
bower is offline   Reply With Quote