View Single Post
Old August 11, 2019   #12
edweather
Tomatovillian™

Thanks for the grow bag suggestions. Have been using 15 gal totes, but they fall apart in a few years. Might look into getting a few bags. Aside from the durability of the bag, do the plants grow "better" in the bags? A little worried about the drying out factor here in the south.

@AKmark - Your results are amazing. Have seen some of your posts before, and have been blown away seeing your operation. Have seen others get amazing results in small pots/bags also. Sounds like you have found the sweet spot with the fertilizer. 30-40 pounds of fruit hanging from two plants in a 4 gallon pot? Wow.

I soak my containers daily, and then mix up a 2 gallon watering can of Texas Tomato Food, regular strength, and pour "some" on top of the wet containers, and let is seep down. So they aren't getting full fertilizer every day, but am guessing it averages out to about 1/4 strength with the amount I'm applying. They get a calcium nitrate snack once a week too.