View Single Post
Old July 14, 2010   #11
remy
Buffalo-Niagara Tomato TasteFest™ Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolyn137 View Post
Remy, I didn't think you'd name a variety after yourself but I know quite a few who think that I najmed the variety Dr. Carolyn, which of course I did not.

I didn't know there was a variety called Remy Rouge.

i have in my faves links to many sites in France and elsewhere in Europe but I usually don't go there unless I'm trying to do research on something and Google doesn't pick it up.

So Terry, my last name Male, is supposed to be associated with my ancestors coming from France to England and suffering from mal d" merr in the crossing, ahem, at least that's the story I was told.

So if you see any varieties assoiated with sea sickness you know how to contact me.
Carolyn,
I reread my post, and I think I might have sounded snippy in my post and that's not how I meant it! It just would be odd to have a tomato named after me. I suppose you may have felt that way about Dr. Carolyn. Though I have no problem lying to small children and telling them that the Remy the Rat from Ratatouille is named after me.
That's an interesting family name history.

Paul,
They are quite nice, almost potato leaf.
Remy

Yes, we have a great party for WNY/Ontario tomato growers every year on Grand Island!
Owner of The Sample Seed Shop
remy is offline   Reply With Quote