View Single Post
Old August 11, 2014   #5
Darren Abbey
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenO View Post
Yes, I have one called "Hansel" a dwarf with slim small dark purple small fruits. He has a sister called "Gretel" I believe that is a white one, I have not grown that one. It's cute, blooms like crazy but the fruit are small.
How big does the plant get? I do expect that miniature plants would produce miniature fruit, but it isn't clear that every plant with miniature fruit would also be miniature in height.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottinAtlanta View Post
I have some that produce little eggplants used for pickling and in Thai dishes. Here is a pic. If you want some seeds send me a pm with your address.
I've seen ones like that around, but I was never sure of the size of the plants. Many of the miniature-fruited types seem to have fairly normal sized plants.

I have seeds to a small-fruited Hmong type that I've been meaning to grow. I think I would like to have some seeds for this type and I can offer some of the Hmong type in exchange.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucksCountyGirl View Post
Fairy Tale is a very diminutive plant (I think mine only got about 18 inches high), that pumps out 3-4 inch lavender and white striped beauties. If you catch them before the skin goes dull they are sweet,thin skinned, virtually seedless and very creamy when cooked. I attached a pic of some I harvested last July.
18 in is definitely smaller than some of the varieties I've grown. My ideal image is for a plant that is even shorter… like 10 inches. However, 'Fairy Tale' might be a starting point for breeding one.
Darren Abbey is offline   Reply With Quote