View Single Post
Old July 16, 2014   #45
brokenbar
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fusion_power View Post
Just noting for reference that climate is everything. I was thoroughly impressed with Brokenbar's Costoluto Genovese which was a wonderful producer last year. I have been totally unimpressed by Russo Sicilian Togeta this year, mostly because it is a septoria magnet. Climate, climate, climate.

Brokenbar, are you sure you don't eat a grape now and then. Surely you eat a grape.
No fruit, ever. Also no dairy (cheese, yogurt, ice cream-allergic) or eggs (allergic) no shellfish (allergic) No sugar of any kind and no processed foods. If it comes in a box, can or bag, not having any. Coffee and tea...YEAH I go down to the docks every morning and pick out my fish...I am so uninterested in food that I can eat the same thing every day...I have to eat to survive so I eat but I cannot understand everyone's fascination with food...all those ridiculous cooking shows and shows about bizarro chefs, people paying astronomical amounts of money to eat at some chi chi restaurant...I just don't get it. Luckily, when we travel, fish is usually an option 99% of the time as is rice (except in Italy where we go all the time because I speak Italian and am really interested in archeology and they rarely have anything I want to eat on a menu unless we are somewhere on the coast. ) I was a chef that cooked her way through collage and vet school in a very upscale Italian restaurant. I am a great cook but never eat the stuff I cook...hate pasta and think ricotta cheese should be outlawed. I am definitely a whacko...My Husband and Son more than made up for my lack of interest in food and now both of them have had to lose weight to lower killer cholesterol and bring blood pressure out of the nuclear strata...They have both changed their diets and all I hear is non-stop boohooing. It is just food for heavens sake...

I really do not get it...but on the other hand, they both think I'm nuts so it evens out